Tuesday 16 October 2012

Update

Wow... I just realized its been over a month since I last wrote. Time has flown by. It feels like yesterday that picture of us was taken.

Anyway, to give you the 4-1-1.... I finished my work in Durham and joined the club in the hunt for a job. Maybe I have been avoiding writing because there's no victory post, but I think for the most part I've just been busy. I've joined this UK benefit system that helps you find work (which is nice) but they also demand a lot of your time (not so nice). Also, the youth weekend away at church just took place (a week ago) and the preparations for that were also time consuming. I've done some work for Mattersey and have been practicing driving ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD! Crazy, I tell ya!

To be honest with you, I expected to be able to get a job much sooner. But it just seems to be really difficult times at the moment and jobs are scarce. Degrees mean next to nothing. It makes me all the more thankful for the work experience I gained whilst studying at SAU. The future is still fuzzy... there are ideas and desires (much wishful thinking) but things don't go according to plan... or shall I say, they take longer than you would like ;) It's alright, always good opportunities for growth.

On a brighter note: Simon has begun his Masters and is really enjoying it! He was a bit worried going in, but very quickly has gained confidence. I love seeing him study! haha, how weird is that! He has a group he'll be working with the whole year: a guy from India, a girl from Romania, Indonesia, Taiwan, and a couple Chinese people. He's one of the two British people on their whole course! So it's quite interesting to hear the stories he comes home with. I'm very proud of him. I'm excited to see where this leads him.

I miss you guys. I'll try and stay on top of things and share, even if things aren't going as hoped. It's all part of life :) Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment