Wednesday 16 January 2013

Moment of truth...

So... I've been avoiding writing on here.

Since handing in my last assignment and cutting my ties with Durham I've been seeking a job. The search began with excitement and energy. The thrill of getting an interview stuck with me for days. Yes, I would be teaching an online course for SAU, but that wouldn't start till 6 months later. Mattersey Hall was unfolding, but I already expected it would bring more experience than income. So I needed an office job to help pay the bills and allow me to pursue online teaching. I remember feeling SO busy mid September even till mid November! I was getting plenty of interviews, but the rejections were okay at first. It was all about putting in the effort and waiting for the right one to come along. Surely enough, I was offered a job mid November and would be starting two weeks later. However, it turned out to be a "shady" job, in the sense that they wanted me to work long hours for less than minimum wage. As I began poking around and speaking with work rights representatives, they decided to not hire me in the end. The rest of November and especially December was quite difficult, mostly because I lost motivation. I felt there was no point putting so much effort and applying to so many places, when it brought forth no fruit. I couldn't understand why God was leading me in such a way. Because you know, if he wants something, it happens!

Well the good news is that I was offered a job today. It's only a 3 month temporary contract, but it's a way into working at Lancaster University. It's full time, best pay, grade 5 (quite high responsibility) and the same place Simon studies (so we can car-pool!). It could potentially be extended. If nothing else, I have a good job to add to my Resume/CV. Plus, the next door neighbor says they always get you more work after working there once. Things are looking up!

So I've been avoiding writing on here.

In these last couple months I have often felt like a failure. No one wants to write about that. And I don't only want to always write about the good things that happen. But I guess, you don't always understand why you are in a situation, or God's timing, or what the lesson is. Often when you're in it, you don't feel like you've learned anything at all. But I do want to praise Him even when things don't seem to be going right. He's been so good to me for so long, I'm sure this is another measure of goodness. Patience is a virtue after all, and virtues don't just develop over night.

So here's to a new job, which I'm quite terrified to start. Here's to change. May I write more frequently and follow Him more closely.

Ps. Simon is doing great with his masters. He got some results back and is doing pretty dang good. I'm proud of him. He's a hard worker :)

Till next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment