Friday 23 August 2013

Rushed

I'm afraid this lovely vacation to Greece has come at the wrong time! Well, when I booked the flights, the August dates seemed perfect for several reasons: 1) I'd be able to catch a few days with my dad before he left for America; 2) I'd get to spend the entire trip with my sister Kali, who will be in America all of September; 3) I'd get the extra day off work, due to a national holiday; 4) the flights turned out surprisingly much cheaper than I expected; 5) I'd catch a bit of that August summer heat!

However, I get back on the 29th August and Simon leaves on the 3rd of September. Leaving us with four days (two of which I have to be at work for and one is a Sunday), practically one day to get things sorted. And by "things" I mean our new home.

At first we thought we'd wait till October time to start renting our own place. However, before coming to Greece, we scheduled a viewing of an apartment (since we wouldn't have many chances to look at potential homes together). We were both really excited about it, & then they rang up to cancel it (due to short staff) and reschedule for Wednesday (but I had left for Greece by then). Simon went to view it on his own.

Since then, he has viewed two other places. On the one hand, I feel the rush and understand that he wants to be around to get it all sorted before leaving for Reading. But on the other hand,  I want to be there too! But by the time I get back, there won't be enough time for it (unless I do it on my own without him after he has left). I've left for vacation at the busiest time! Suddenly, these dates don't seem so perfect anymore.

We've waited 2 years to get our place, do you blame me for wanting it to be special? For us to take our time to find the right place? To make it home together. I hate feeling rushed.

But this is our predicament and I'd rather it be this way, then have no job at all. So here I am in Greece and I don't get to be here often. I will not worry, for all will happen in due course.

Change is coming soon! Tis exciting and scary, all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment