Tuesday 3 September 2013

Happy 2nd Anniversary

I have much to be thankful for today. My heart is glad. I will share them with you in pecking order:

1)  Today Simon and I celebrate 2 years of marriage. To be honest, this year seems to have flown by quickly! It feels just yesterday we celebrated our first (actually, I think the blog post for it is only a few down! haha) It's been a year of waiting and preparation. Get that grown-up job, finish up that degree, save the pennies. Uneventful, but good all the same. Lot's of family time (Stevie and Michelle moved back from Australia with their three princesses, my family came over to visit us in the UK). It's been good. Here's a picture of us to mark year 2:



We decided to dine in this year, bought some steaks and lit up the room with candles. It was lovely.

2) We ended up celebrating a day early, because Simon had to travel down to Reading today. Yesterday he handed in his dissertation and tomorrow is day 1 of his new job! I am so grateful and proud of this man I call my own. He has worked hard and it has paid off! I'm excited to get our weekends back (no more extra hours spent in the library!) It was bittersweet seeing him off at the train station :)


   


3) Today we put in an application for our own apartment! Ah! Yes, the time has finally come to move on from Calla Drive :)  Hopefully, if all goes well, we'll be moving in in 2 weeks time. Unfortunately, there are no pictures yet, but surely those will follow in due course. 


So all and all a big day for the Ramsdens. Thank you Lord for the good times ;)




1 comment: